Grammarly Review – Best Online Grammar Checking Tool
Grammarly Review – Do you know the basics of grammar?
Are you confident that what you are writing is flawless and easy to read?
If you are not a proficient in English grammar, probably you have to face pretty many difficulties that might be at your workplace or college. Inadequacy in English grammar certainly affects your success in speaking, reading and writing more than you might realize. If you are an aspiring writer regardless of your profession, whether you’re a freelance writer, blogger or a student, you need to make your content more understandable with precise grammar and punctuation.
Even if you are skilled person in writing error-free content, some or the other time, you might be guilty of your content that isn’t 100 per cent perfect in terms of spelling and grammar. So, to achieve best results and gain appreciation from your boss or the reader, you need to be very cognizant about your writing. Anyone could write upon giving a topic, but writing 100% flawless content is a bit difficult task. If you want advanced suggestions and tips regarding the grammar and punctuation in your writing, then you need to begin using a professional online grammar checking service to make your writing error-free.
We have bounteous online grammar checking tools available on the web, but it is pretty much arduous to trace out the best grammar tool out of them. I have come up with the best online tool through which you can learn the rules and guidelines of grammar you absolutely need to know so as to enhance your writing. Grammarly is one such tool that helps you in the best way to write content without any typos or grammatical mistakes. This is the best tool that can help trace and correct your errors which is very beneficial for non-English speakers who are learning the language. Here is the complete review of Grammarly.
What is Grammarly?
Grammarly is one of the popular writing-enhancement platforms that have the capability of proofreading and plagiarism-detection. It is an amazing online grammar checking tools that claims to check for over 250 types of spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors in writing. Grammarly also claims that it checks for plagiarism improves vocabulary usage, and advises referrals. The company claims that more than three million writers use Grammarly across the world that includes prominent universities and organizations.
How it Works Grammarly ?
Grammarly is a pretty good grammar checking tool that moulds you as a better writer by tracing and rectifying all your mistakes 10 times more than your Word processor. Grammarly works considerably similar to Google Docs. Check out the working procedure of this online grammar checking tool!
- Initially, visit the website of Grammarly. If you’re a new user, you need to sign up for creating a new account.
- Now, log in to Grammarly through a web browser.
- On the dashboard of this grammar checker, you can open a new document and start writing.
- Or you can simply paste the text into this new document for analysis.
- You can even upload your Microsoft Word document to find mistakes in it.
- Within few seconds, Grammarly checks the complete text and highlights the grammatical errors in your writing by underlining them.
- You can even upload your Microsoft Word document to find mistakes in it.
- After checking the amount of errors, it rates your writing based on a scale of 1 to 100.
- One of the best things about this tool is that it also provides a detailed explanation about the reasons why you’ve made a mistake.
Grammarly Extension on Browsers
Grammarly can be used as a browser extension on Google chrome browser. It can help you correct your errors writing anywhere no matter it might be a word document or a social media like Facebook or any web based platform.
If you are using Google chrome browser, then you can add Grammarly Spell Checker & Grammar Checker extension into your browser. It allows you take Grammarly with you, wherever you go on the Web as mentioned before. You can even install an extension of Grammarly as a plug-in for Word. You can use it either on your web browser or as a Microsoft Office add-on.
Features of Grammarly
- Grammarly provides amazing features particularly for the writers and who are in the necessity of a tool that helps in fixing the typos while writing. Here are the best features of Grammarly:
- Checking the writing styles: You can change the writing formats like script writing, creative writing, technical, marketing and blog post format.
- Grammar & Plagiarism Checker: It works on high performance grammar checking concept along with an advanced plagiarism checker capable of checking traces of your copy.
- Vocabulary Enhancement & Contextual Spell Check: It brings completeness to your writing with much improvement thus makes your content look exceptional.
- Proofreading Services: It delivers proofreading services however; it is a paid service which is charged per word on an hourly basis.
- Browser extensions: It can be used as an extension on various web browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc.
- MS word integration: There is a windows extension of Grammarly for MS word.
- Support: Grammarly supports several document types, and you can categorize each document as a blog post, as an article and as a business document.
- Using this awesome tool, you can conduct online research, check the errors and also translate any content to other languages.
In terms of detecting grammar and spelling errors, Grammarly leads the pack. I have plugged my test paragraph into this grammar checker and it caught almost every mistake I planted within it. It highlighted passive voice and verbal usage. It also identified commonly confused words, and it also made pretty rectifications for sentence structure, punctuation, verb use and more less than few seconds.
I found that Grammarly doesn’t show an error without providing a valid reason. When we explore through the outcomes delivered by Grammarly, we see a line-up of flashcards that describe why each mistake was identified as incorrect and provide suggestions to correct the errors. This is an excellent approach that not only hoists your writing, but it teaches you to fortify your upcoming writing as well.
BENEFITS OF GRAMMARLY TOOL FOR WRITERS:
Upon clicking on an error in your content, this grammar checking tool renders a detailed explanation of the mistake. It finds out potential solutions and explanations for your mistake.
Grammarly helps you identify the following kinds of mistakes:
- Chaotic prepositions
- Overuse of the passive voice and Verbose sentences
What Gets Improved on Using Grammarly Tool?
I, personally use this Grammarly grammar checking tool as my Google Chrome browser extension that helps me in rectifying my mistakes. Upon using this grammar checker on several articles, I found out I’ve a bad practise of finishing sentences with prepositions.
Currently, I am using Grammarly on the web, on my laptop. You can also use this grammar checking tool on your computer even without an internet connection. You can also use it on Microsoft Word so that it highlights your writing mistakes.
Certainly, these are greater points of Grammarly but it helped me in the best way knowing my bad customs and tuning them up while writing. There are built-in grammar checkers in Word and other web pages but that didn’t offer me with this insight.
Who Actually Needs Grammarly?
Grammarly is the best online grammar checking tool which assists every user in an excellent way. You might get a doubt that who actually needs this Grammarly grammar checking tool? Let me give you few insights so that you’d better understand the need of Grammarly.
- If English is your first language and it you often work on some kind of things related to English, then you definitely need Grammarly.
- If you are an ambitious blogger or writer, then you certainly need Grammarly to write flawless content that is viewed by people who visit your blog.
- It will help you check for grammar, spelling and punctuation mistakes in a faster way with much ease.
- If you’re a newbie in writing, you still need to take the time to learn the basic concepts of grammar using this amazing tool. This online grammar checking tool acts as another line of defences, which you can use to make sure your article or blog post is precise and easy to read.
Pricing Plans of Grammarly
Grammarly offers two versions – one is a free version and the other is a premium version. You need not pay for the free version even then it offers amazing services. If you need most advanced services of Grammarly then you can go for the premium version. For the premium version, you need to go for subscription that will cost you around $29 per month.
The premium version of this grammar checking tool will help you identify additional grammatical errors in your document than a traditional free grammar checking tool. It also provides detailed explanation about each error and also displays suggestions for your writings. Grammarly offers discounts for quarterly and annual subscriptions.
Should You Pay For Grammarly?
If you’re using this grammar checking tool, you can take out a subscription of this tool and later you can decide to go for an upgrade version. Once you use a free version of Grammarly you will come to know all the pros and cons of this tool so that you can then decide yourself whether to move for the advanced version or quit it then and there. But, in my experience I would surely say that you would be definitely impressed upon using this tool.
I paid for a three-month subscription to Grammarly as I’m working on a number of articles for a blog. It might be not an essential tool for every writer, but I firmly say that it is the most useful tool.
Pros of Grammarly:
Grammarly has loads of benefits and is a prodigious tool that helps you in correcting your mistakes.
- It is an excellent online grammar knowledge base.
- It corrects more than 250 types of spelling, vocabulary, punctuation and grammatical errors.
- It is highly beneficial for non-native English speakers and newbie writers.
- Built-in Plagiarism Checker
- It is also available as a web app, desktop tool and as an add-in of Microsoft Office.
Cons of Grammarly:
These are not actually the cons of Grammarly, but there are some points regarding its functionality. Here I thought of mentioning a couple of points that I know most people face while using Grammarly.
- Use of Web App Space: Once you log into Grammarly dashboard, the navigation bar and options panel are static. There is a vast space in the footer which is also fixed for no reason at all. This lessens the workspace to certain level.
- Pricing: Grammarly provides both free and premium service. For premium account, they offer three variant plans such as Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Plan. As I personally use this premium version, I could get 40% discount from them on premium account and you can also grab this offer. This might not be a con but, some writers may impede at paying $29.99 a month for a grammar checker.
I would confidently recommend Grammarly to every blogger as each one of us wishes to write an error-free blog post. It has an easy to use user-interface with an advanced system of checking different feature which is integrated with MS-Office that can be accessed with much ease. Grammarly has excellent analytical tools, letting you analyse your document for genre. With outstanding educational tools and an attention on both the writing and the writer, Grammarly has enduring optimistic effects on writers’ linguistic abilities and skills.
The best part of Grammarly is that it provides us an explanation of each and every mistake in a detailed manner like how something is wrong, why it is incorrect and how to rectify it. If you are looking for the best tool that can correct all your writing mistakes and makes your content look notable, undoubtedly, Grammarly will be my recommendation. It claim discount on purchasing this tool online, you can use the below “Take Action” button (added coupon to it already)